- THE SIMPSONS Load Up and Journey to DAYTONA 500 In Support of 2016 FOX NASCAR Season Opener
- NASCAR is Back in Action This Weekend
- Danica Patrick And So the Journey Begins
- Kyle Busch Celebrating 75 Years with ‘M’
- Kyle Busch and NOS Energy Drink Together Again
- Wood Brothers Racing Statement following Charter System Accouncement
- Blaney Embarks on First Full Season Behind Wheel of No. 21 Ford Fusion
- Stanton Barrett To Kick Off 25th Year Anniversary With Rick Ware Racing
- Kurt Busch Machines Matter
- Chris Fontaine Set For Double Duty At Daytona International Speedway
Justin Lofton Is Back
- Updated: August 20, 2013
Justin Lofton returns to the Camping World Truck Series this Wednesday night when the UNOH 200 is run under the lights at the Bristol Motor Speedway. Lofton won a race and two poles last season while finishing 8th in the championship battle. He raced in two races this season in the opener at Daytona and in May at Charlotte and will compete in eight of the last 10 races on the schedule.
“I’m pumped to get back in the No. 6 SGR Chevrolet as that’s been my home the past few years,” stated Lofton. “Because of the limited schedule, we are not racing for championship points, but we will be racing for wins! I know Eddie and the team are ready to run the No. 6 Chevy on a consistent basis and I’m thrilled to be back in NASCAR competition.”
Team Owner Eddie Sharp commented, “Justin is on top of his game and we couldn’t be happier to have him back where he belongs. Justin and the Lofton’s are like family so when we needed to put someone in the No.6, he was clearly our go-to driver.”
When Lofton comes back he’ll know some familiar faces, but also see some new faces. Recently owner Eddie Sharp announced a partnership with Bill Gallaher, a California businessman, to rebrand the team from Eddie Sharp Racing to Sharp-Gallaher Racing.
Yesterday it was announced that Gere Kennon would now be the Director of Competition of the Sharp-Gallaher Racing team. Kennon has been a crew chief in the Nationwide and Camping World Truck Series races working with such drivers as Sam Ard, Mark Martin, Brett Bodine, Ron Hornaday, Jr., and Sterling Marlin.
“We are thrilled to have Gere here at Sharp-Gallaher Racing,” said owner Sharp “Gere has worked with some of the greats in this sport and brings with him a wealth of knowledge. I am confident he will take this team to the next level of competition in the Camping World Truck Series.”
Check out Lofton and his SGR team under the lights on Fox Sports 1 starting at 8 PM EST.