- Matt Tifft Grabs 13-Race Opportunity with JGR No. 18 XFINITY Series Team
- JR Motorsports and Cessna Announce Partnership
- Joe Gibbs Racing Announces Changes To Executive Team
- FOX Sports, Sports Illustrated Partner to Promote DAYTONA 500, Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2016 …
- Stenhouse Jr. Confident About Upcoming 2016 Season
- New Sponsor Brings Brighter Outlook for B.J. McLeod Motorsports XFINITY® Debut
- Tony Stewart Injury Update from Stewart-Haas Racing
- AM Racing hires Browning as Crew Chief
- VisitMyrtleBeach.com Renews Sponsorship for Fall NASCAR XFINITY Series Race
- Kentucky Transportation Cabinet Named Title Sponsor of July 7 NASCAR Race
Smithfield Foods Partners with Cheney Brothers to Donate $25,000 to Big Dog Ranch Rescue
- Updated: November 20, 2015
With the help of "The King" Richard Petty, Smithfield Foods and Cheney Brothers partnered to donate $25,000 to a local charity Friday afternoon at the Homestead-Miami (Fla.) Speedway.
The donation comes as a result of a month long Smithfield Foods promotion. For every case of participating Smithfield Foods products that Cheney Brothers sold through October, Smithfield donated $1.00 to Big Dog Ranch Rescue, a charity that is very close to the Cheney Brothers family.
The donation was made during a press conference at the Homestead-Miami Speedway where Richard Petty Motorsports and Cheney Brothers, a leading food distributor in the Southeast, are partnering to serve as the primary sponsor of the No. 9 Richard Petty Motorsports Ford and driver Sam Hornish, Jr. during NASCAR's final race of the 2015 season.
The donation was made by Petty on behalf of Smithfield Foods and Byron Russell, the Chief Executive Officer of Cheney Brothers to Lauree Simmons.
"This is a very generous gift from Smithfield Foods and Cheney Brothers," said Simmons, Founder, Big Dog Rescue Ranch. "We can't thank them enough and are honored to have Richard Petty present this check to us."
Big Dog Ranch Rescue started over 10 years ago as the Florida Weimaraner Rescue and in 2008 was expanded to rescue all dogs. Since then, they have saved the lives of over 10,000 innocent dogs and puppies. They are committed to rescuing, nurturing and adopting dogs into loving happy homes. Their goal is to give the gift of a happy life back to as many dogs as possible, to enrich the lives of those who adopt them, and thereby help create a better world.
"Smithfield Foods, like Richard Petty Motorsports, is always looking for ways we can give back to the community," said Petty, Co-Owner, Richard Petty Motorsports. "Cheney Brothers is a big supporter of the Big Dog Ranch Rescue and we're glad that we can help Smithfield with this donation today."
"The Big Dog Ranch Rescue is doing important work," said Charles Gitkin, Senior Vice President, Marketing, Smithfield Foods. "It's our honor to make this donation to them on behalf of Cheney Brothers. We hope this donation will help them continue their excellent work for years to come."
"We have been supporters of the Big Dog Ranch Rescue over the past several years," said Russell, Cheney Brothers. "This is a charity that is close to our heart that is doing tremendous things for rescue dogs and the people who adapt them. We want to thank Smithfield Foods and Richard Petty Motorsports for this gift on our behalf."
← Previous Story Four crew chiefs reflect on title opportunity