- Phoenix Rising Team Rankings — Race 9
- Richard Petty Motorsports Secures Robb Rogers as Pit Crew Coach
- Kurt Busch One Trophy Missing from the Shelf
- Roush Fenway Racing and Trevor Bayne Unveil Darlington Throwback Paint Scheme
- GasBuddy partners with MAKE Motorsports in NCWTS
- Truex Jr. Aiming to Continue Superspeedway Success
- NASCAR Partners With Lixar To Develop Best-In-Class At-Track Guest Experience
- Richard Petty Motorsports Partners with JACOB Companies as Associate Partner
- SDD Partners With Jeremy Clements Racing For Talladega
- Nickelodeon Announces Entitlement Sponsorship of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles NASCAR Sprint Cup …
Preseason Thunder To Expand In 2014
- Updated: September 26, 2013
No longer with the Camping World Truck Series and Nationwide Series teams sit and wait while the Sprint Cup Series gets to test at the Daytona International Speedway in January. Starting in 2014, all three major touring series will be able to test in the month before the kickoff of the 2014 season.
Utilizing two days and four sessions of on track activity, the Sprint Cup Series open up things on Thursday January 9th and conclude on Friday the 10th. On January 11th and 12th (Saturday and Sunday) the Nationwide Series will take to the track. Finally, the Camping World Truck Series will finish it off testing January 13th and 14th (Monday and Tuesday).
“Preseason Thunder at Daytona offers teams an opportunity to prepare for one of the most important race weekends of the season,” said Robin Pemberton, NASCAR vice president of competition. “Races at Daytona International Speedway are unique to NASCAR competition, and Preseason Thunder will not only give all three of our national series an opportunity to test, but will allow us to settle upon a rules package that will benefit our teams and provide the best on-track action for our fans.”
As expected, Daytona is happy to be hosting the additional series for not only their benefit, but also for fans in the area.
“We’re looking forward to hosting all three of NASCAR’s national touring series for Preseason Thunder,” Daytona International Speedway President Joie Chitwood III said. “Having the Nationwide and Camping World Truck Series teams join the stars of the Sprint Cup Series in testing the high banks will ignite plenty of excitement for the start of the new NASCAR season.”
Tickets for Preseason Thunder will go on sale Monday, November 18th. You can get them by calling 1-800-PITSHOP.