- Joey Gase Wins Comcast Community Champion of the Year Award
- Richard Petty Motorsports Makes Continued Progress in 2015
- Drew Carey to Host NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Awards Featuring Performances by Andy Grammer, Sam …
- Kumpen Finishes 27th in NASCAR XFINITY Series Season Finale
- Martin Truex Jr, Furniture Row Racing Beat the Odds In 2015
- Harvick’s 2015 Theme
- Truex on Fire
- Finishing strong
- Waltrip bids farewell
- Jeff Gordon’s last ride and Kyle Busch’s first championship on NBC and NBCSN deliver most …
Harvick To Drive Nationwide Series For JR Motorsports In 2014
- Updated: October 15, 2013
It was announced Monday that Kevin Harvick would drive for JR Motorsports next season in the NASCAR Nationwide Series. The deal is for a minimum of 12 races in the #5 Chevrolet. That team is currently split between Sprint Cup Series driver Kasey Kahne and Brad Sweet with sponsorship from Great Clips.
Part of the release has Hunt Brothers Pizza moving from Richard Childress Racing to JR Motorsports and will be on Harvick’s car for four races next season. The four races are at Bristol Motor Speedway, Charlotte Motor Speedway, and both races at Texas Motor Speedway.
“This is pretty cool to have Kevin a part of our team,” said owner Dale Earnhardt Jr. “I’ve known him for a long time. He’s an incredible racer. He will be a huge asset to JR Motorsports, our sponsors and our fans. I’m grateful that he wants to drive our cars, and I’m grateful that Hunt Brothers Pizza is committed to Kevin and our race program. We’re happy to have them.”
“As a long-time sponsor of Kevin, we’re excited to make the move with him to JR Motorsports,” said Keith Solsvig, vice president of marketing at Hunt Brothers Pizza. “Our working relationship has only gotten better over the years, and we are looking forward to another great season together.”
JR Motorsports will use a rotation of drivers for the balance of the races next season. Announcements on who they will be and sponsorship will be coming soon.