- Starting Lineup: Drive For The Cure 300
- Second Practice Times: Bank of America 500
- Blaney’s PPG Ford To Start 16th in Bank of America 500 At Charlotte
- Ty Dillon Partners with Intense Cycles USA
- Ray Evernham honored with Smokey Yunick Award
- Carl Edwards says Joe Gibbs Racing will be a factor at Homestead
- A victory at Charlotte on Saturday would be ‘huge’ to Jeff Gordon
- Earnhardt Jr. Announces Landmark Partnership with TrueTimber® Camo
- LFR will host 14-year-old Camp 95 Alum at Charlotte race
- Stat Advance: Bank of America 500
Harvick To Drive Nationwide Series For JR Motorsports In 2014
- Updated: October 15, 2013
It was announced Monday that Kevin Harvick would drive for JR Motorsports next season in the NASCAR Nationwide Series. The deal is for a minimum of 12 races in the #5 Chevrolet. That team is currently split between Sprint Cup Series driver Kasey Kahne and Brad Sweet with sponsorship from Great Clips.
Part of the release has Hunt Brothers Pizza moving from Richard Childress Racing to JR Motorsports and will be on Harvick’s car for four races next season. The four races are at Bristol Motor Speedway, Charlotte Motor Speedway, and both races at Texas Motor Speedway.
“This is pretty cool to have Kevin a part of our team,” said owner Dale Earnhardt Jr. “I’ve known him for a long time. He’s an incredible racer. He will be a huge asset to JR Motorsports, our sponsors and our fans. I’m grateful that he wants to drive our cars, and I’m grateful that Hunt Brothers Pizza is committed to Kevin and our race program. We’re happy to have them.”
“As a long-time sponsor of Kevin, we’re excited to make the move with him to JR Motorsports,” said Keith Solsvig, vice president of marketing at Hunt Brothers Pizza. “Our working relationship has only gotten better over the years, and we are looking forward to another great season together.”
JR Motorsports will use a rotation of drivers for the balance of the races next season. Announcements on who they will be and sponsorship will be coming soon.