- Final Practice Times: AAA 400
- Final Practice Times: Rhino Linings 350
- Rinnai Expands Partnership with Whitt
- Rhodes ready for Dover test
- Starting Lineup: AAA 400
- Starting Lineup: Hisense 200
- The Tilted Kilt Pub and Eatery announce sponsorship with Korbin Forrister for Vegas
- The odds are in favor of Matt Crafton in Vegas
- Johnny Sauter ready to cash in on a trip to victory lane in Vegas
- Cameron Hayley hopes to hit the jackpot in Las Vegas
Crafton’s Championship Just A Start Away
- Updated: November 9, 2013
All Matt Crafton has to do is stay out of trouble for the next week, show up to the Homestead-Miami Speedway, and take the green flag on the season ending Ford 200 to win the 2013 Camping World Truck Series title. It will be the first title for the 14-year veteran and his ThorSport Racing team.
“I think we have to go to Homestead and start. I think I’m alright with that. It’s going to feel damn good to go to Homestead and forget about everything and race like hell,” Crafton told reporters after the competition of the Lucas Oil 150 Friday night.
While he has one victory on the year, coming at Kansas, Crafton would certainly like to add another to his total on the year. Coming into next Friday’s Ford 200, Crafton has three career wins. Never has he won more than one race in a year, so with the title wrapped up he can go for broke.
Knowing he just has to start the race will do wonders for Crafton on, as discussed above, and off the track. When asked what means the most about the scenario, Crafton had a good response. “Sleep — just being able to sleep, that’s the coolest thing. I’m not going to lie, for the last month-and-a-half, it’s been tough.”
The only battle to be determined will be who will finish second in the championship standings. After Phoenix, Ty Dillon has a four point lead over James Buescher. Add to that the number of teams and drivers trying to impress to help them get their 2014 plans in order, the Ford 200 will not be a race you’d want to miss.
Catch the action Friday starting at 8:00 PM EST on FOX Sports 1 when the Ford EcoBoost 200 gets underway to close out the 2013 Camping World Truck Series season.