- Starting Lineup: Coca-Cola 600
- Fresh tires propel Hamlin to NASCAR XFINITY win in Charlotte
- Erik Jones Earns Fourth Pole of 2016
- Hisense 300 Starting Lineup at Charlotte
- Mobil 1 Motor Oil Gears Up for More “Three Wide” Action with Stewart-Haas Racing
- Tommy Baldwin, Jr. Honors Family Friend and Comrades on Sunday
- NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Rookie of the Year contender Chase Elliott reveals retro NAPA AUTO …
- E.J. Wade Construction Joins BK Racing, Matt DiBenedetto at Pocono Raceway
- BK Racing Honors Fallen Soldiers during Coca-Cola 600
- All Three Roush Fenway Fords Qualify Top 10 for Coke 600
Kyle Busch Lived Days Of Thunder Moment To Win Fontana
- Updated: March 24, 2014
Kyle Busch came out on top Sunday in the Auto Club 400, but before it was over he had flashes to one of his favorite movies.
“The first thing that comes to mind when the caution came out with just a few laps to go — that was total Rowdy Burns ‘Days of Thunder’ right there. There’s a couple laps to go — I’m not pitting. Everybody has to pit, Cole (Trickle), we’re coming down for four tires because there’s a green-white-checkered coming. I knew four tires was going to win the race, so I’m glad Dave (Rogers, crew chief) called that.”
He then got to appreciate the driving in front of him, but knew it was time to put the hammer down, and get out front.
“There was some great racing up front between Tony (Stewart) and Kurt (Busch) there — it was really interesting to watch that. I went into turn one thinking I’m going to run the middle and then Tony started sliding off the bottom and I’m like, ‘Nope, not having it.’ I had to get some brake and cut my car to the left and drove underneath him and got him cleared off turn two and I was able to keep Kyle Larson behind me. Man, what a shoe that boy is. If he would have gotten alongside of me it would have been a whale of a race. I drove off into turn three, but I heard car inside on my left. If he drove it in further than I did, Jesus must have told him to stop. I just can’t say enough about all these guys on this Interstate Batteries Toyota team. What an awesome race this track produced. I just can’t believe it. I thank the Lord for putting ourselves here and getting us locked in the Chase.”