- Ryan Truex Returns
- Berry Tabbed For Richmond Start
- Entry List: Bojangles’ Southern 500
- Entry List: VFW SportClips Help A Hero 200
- Final Practice Times: Chevrolet Silverado 250
- Starting Lineup: Road America 180
- First Practice Times: Chevrolet Silverado 250
- Final Practice Times: Road America 180
- First Practice Times: Road America 180
- Entry List: Road America 180
NASCAR Penalizes Ambrose And Mears
- Updated: April 29, 2014
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. — NASCAR has penalized drivers Marcos Ambrose and Casey Mears for their involvement in a post-race altercation in the garage area following last Saturday night’s NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Richmond International Raceway.
Ambrose, driver of the No. 9 car, and Mears, driver of the No. 13 car, were found to have violated Sections 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing), and 12-4.9 (Behavioral Penalty; involved in an altercation in the garage area after the race) as outlined in the 2014 NASCAR rule book. As a result, Ambrose has been fined $25,000 and placed on NASCAR probation until May 28, while Mears has been fined $15,000 and placed on NASCAR probation until May 28.
-NASCAR Integrated Marketing Communications