- Matt Tifft Grabs 13-Race Opportunity with JGR No. 18 XFINITY Series Team
- JR Motorsports and Cessna Announce Partnership
- Joe Gibbs Racing Announces Changes To Executive Team
- FOX Sports, Sports Illustrated Partner to Promote DAYTONA 500, Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2016 …
- Stenhouse Jr. Confident About Upcoming 2016 Season
- New Sponsor Brings Brighter Outlook for B.J. McLeod Motorsports XFINITY® Debut
- Tony Stewart Injury Update from Stewart-Haas Racing
- AM Racing hires Browning as Crew Chief
- VisitMyrtleBeach.com Renews Sponsorship for Fall NASCAR XFINITY Series Race
- Kentucky Transportation Cabinet Named Title Sponsor of July 7 NASCAR Race
Moffitt To Make Sprint Cup Debut This Weekend At Dover
- Updated: May 27, 2014
MONROE, N.C. – Jay Robinson Racing announced today Brett Moffitt will make his NASCAR Sprint Cup Series debut at Dover International Speedway on June 1 driving the team’s No. 66 Toyota.
Moffitt, 21, of Grimes, Iowa is a nine-time winner in K&N Pro Series East competition and serves as a test driver for Toyota Racing Development (TRD) and Michael Waltrip Racing.
“Brett is a very young driver with a lot of experience for his age,” said owner Jay Robinson. “If you ask around the garage, you will learn he’s one of the most respected young men in the sport who just hasn’t had a chance at a fulltime ride. We think he has a lot of talent and will show it at Dover.”
Moffitt finished ninth in his lone Nationwide Series start in August 2012 at Iowa Speedway. He finished 14th and 17th in 2013 Camping World Truck Series races at Kentucky and Michigan.
Moffitt said a Sprint Cup debut is something he began dreaming about as a child.
“I’m honored Jay asked me to drive his car at Dover,” said Moffitt. “The Monster Mile is a tough, but fun track and I can’t wait to get there. I won the 2009 & 2010 K&N East races at Dover so I think I’ll feel comfortable there, but Sprint Cup racing is a whole new world.
“I appreciate all support I have received from Jay Robinson, TRD and everyone at Michael Waltrip Racing for making this happen. My goals are to qualify well and learn all I can during the race.”
A newly formed partnership between MWR and Jay Robinson Racing allows the No. 66 to compete in all NASCAR Sprint Cup races with Joe Nemechek as the primary driver. Michael Waltrip raced the Toyota at Daytona and Talladega while Jeff Burton raced in Las Vegas.
-Spire Sports + Entertainment PR