- Brad Keselowski takes checkers in action-filled Talladega race
- Despite Last Lap Accident, Stenhouse Jr. Finishes 16th at Talladega
- Biffle Survives “Big One” to Finish 20th at Talladega
- Bayne Leads 22 Laps, Finishes 10th in Strong Run at Talladega
- Blaney Survives Major Wreck to Finish 9th at Talladega
- Rare Mechanical Failure Stops Dakoda Armstrong at Talladega
- Thrill Ride in Talladega ends With Brad Keselowski in Victory Lane
- Ray Black Jr. Finishes 29th at Talladega Superspeedway
- Smithley scores Top Finish at Talladega
- Elliott Sadler ends drought with wild win at Talladega
Moffitt To Make Sprint Cup Debut This Weekend At Dover
- Updated: May 27, 2014
MONROE, N.C. – Jay Robinson Racing announced today Brett Moffitt will make his NASCAR Sprint Cup Series debut at Dover International Speedway on June 1 driving the team’s No. 66 Toyota.
Moffitt, 21, of Grimes, Iowa is a nine-time winner in K&N Pro Series East competition and serves as a test driver for Toyota Racing Development (TRD) and Michael Waltrip Racing.
“Brett is a very young driver with a lot of experience for his age,” said owner Jay Robinson. “If you ask around the garage, you will learn he’s one of the most respected young men in the sport who just hasn’t had a chance at a fulltime ride. We think he has a lot of talent and will show it at Dover.”
Moffitt finished ninth in his lone Nationwide Series start in August 2012 at Iowa Speedway. He finished 14th and 17th in 2013 Camping World Truck Series races at Kentucky and Michigan.
Moffitt said a Sprint Cup debut is something he began dreaming about as a child.
“I’m honored Jay asked me to drive his car at Dover,” said Moffitt. “The Monster Mile is a tough, but fun track and I can’t wait to get there. I won the 2009 & 2010 K&N East races at Dover so I think I’ll feel comfortable there, but Sprint Cup racing is a whole new world.
“I appreciate all support I have received from Jay Robinson, TRD and everyone at Michael Waltrip Racing for making this happen. My goals are to qualify well and learn all I can during the race.”
A newly formed partnership between MWR and Jay Robinson Racing allows the No. 66 to compete in all NASCAR Sprint Cup races with Joe Nemechek as the primary driver. Michael Waltrip raced the Toyota at Daytona and Talladega while Jeff Burton raced in Las Vegas.
-Spire Sports + Entertainment PR