- Entry List: Road America 180
- Entry List: Chevrolet Silverado 250
- Lap Leader Recap – Sprint Cup Bristol
- Lap Leader Recap – Xfinity Bristol
- Lap Leader Recap – Trucks Bristol
- Starting Lineup: Irwin Tools Night Race
- Starting Lineup: Food City 300
- Final Practice Times: Irwin Tools Night Race
- First Practice Times: Irwin Tools Night Race
- Final Practice Times: Food City 300
DW Puts Brother In Awkward Position
- Updated: June 1, 2014
FOX Sports is broadcasting their final NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race of the season and the end couldn’t have come sooner for Michael Waltrip. During the Gas and Go segment, host Chris Myers asked Michael and his brother Darrell Waltrip about the future of Carl Edwards and Greg Biffle.
Darrell’s answer about Biffle put his brother in an awkward position. Putting his hand on Michael’s shoulder, Darrell said that he expected Biffle to sign with a team that was three cars at one time and now is only a two car team. Considering Michael’s team, Michael Waltrip Racing, is the only team that downsized during the last offseason, all signs point to that as Biffle’s destination.
When Michael answer, he insisted that he believes that Biffle will stay put at Roush Fenway Racing. Despite that bit of denial, all signs point to Biffle leaving the only Sprint Cup Series team he’s run full-time for, and MWR seems like the only logical choice. The only hang up would be sponsorship, Biffle would need someone to join him at MWR and current sponsor 3M is locked up with Roush Fenway Racing.
Silly season is already kicking up into full gear and it will be interesting to see how Biffle, Waltrip, and Waltrip continue to spin the story.