- United States
- Full Name
- Anthony James Allmendinger
- Los Gatos, CA
- Date of Birth
- First Year
After setting the open wheel world on fire by winning five races in 2006, Allmendinger shifted gears to NASCAR signing with Team Red Bull. Being a new team with a new manufacturer in 2007 caused many issues for Allmendinger and his team. After failing to qualify for his two attempts in 2006, he went on to only qualify for 17 out of the 36 races his rookie year.
He would be released from Red Bull and finish the year out with Michael Waltrip Racing and Gillett Evernham Motorsports. GEM would change into Richard Petty Motorsports, where Allmendinger would run three seasons before bolting for Team Penske.
At Team Penske, Allmendinger had his greatest opportunity for NASCAR stardom. That was lost when he failed a random drug test the weekend of the July Daytona race. He was replaced that weekend by Sam Hornish Jr, but Penske would release him in August.
Allmendinger completed the Road to Recovery program in September and by October was hired by Phoenix Racing to run select races during the rest of the year and in 2013. Opportunity arose for him when JTG Daugherty Racing released Bobby Labonte late in the season.
The next year Allmendinger scored the team’s first win at Watkins Glen and qualified for the Chase for the Championship. He has been with JTG Daugherty ever since.
Teams Driven For
- Team Red Bull 2006-2008
- Michael Waltrip Racing 2008
- Gillett Evernham Motorsports 2008
- Richard Petty Motorsports 2009-2011
- Team Penske 2012
- Phoenix Racing 2012-2013
- JTG Daugherty Racing 2013-Present
- Career start 1 – 2007 race 5 Bristol
- Career start 100 – 2010 race 20 Indianapolis
- Career start 200 – 2014 race 9 Richmond
- Career start 300 – 2017 race 1 Daytona
- Career pole 1 – 2010 race 7 Phoenix
- Career win 1 – 2014 race 22 Watkins Glen
Fatal error: Call to undefined function array_replace() in /home/content/37/7574037/html/wp-content/plugins/sportspress/includes/class-sp-player.php on line 138